Welcome to Dhammapratishtha
Dhammapratishtha.org has been created to offer information on Buddhism that is clear, simple and easy to understand. Our goal is to make Buddhism more penetrable and accessible to all Indian People.
Dhammapratishtha.org also offering a platform to academicians, Buddhist scholars, social activists and organizations to interact with each other on key issues relating to Buddhism, up-liftment of downtrodden and socially depressed class in India.
Our section on education aims at providing appropriate guidance in selecting their career from well qualified and prominent scholars from our society in the changed economical scenario and political environment in India.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE
- A Comprehensive knowledge of Buddhism which includes the study of ancient Shastra's culture, philosophy & History
- The Study of Languages Viz Pali, Sanskrit, Eng, Hindi, Tibetan (Bhoti) & Modern Languages.
- The translation of Buddhist Manuscripts in to Sanskrit, Hindi, English, & other Indian Languages
- The collection preservation publication of rare manuscripts facilitate the research work furnishing research roals & improving the field of research related to Buddhism
- The Collection conservation dealt of archeological significance
- Study of subject's cultural importance such as Amchi Religious sculpture thankas painting religious wood block carving religious stone etc
- Organizing seminar's symposiam on Buddhism the cult & to prove its importance for the modern world
- To promote the Buddhism writers from depressed and downtrodden classes we are also undertaking publishing through our associate firm viz. Jaibheem Publications. The main thrust would be on e-publishing and promoting the upcoming writers in India and internationally.
- E-Library has articles which are contributed by our established writers on subject of concerns to all of us.
- We are looking forward to receive your precious suggestions so that we can improve upon the content of this website.
- A Comprehensive Scientific deep study of Buddhist Philosophy, History, Culture and Art, and Ancient and Modern Buddhist Pirivena teachings and make school and teach their Ancient Guru - Shishya teaching.
- The Study of canonical and modern languages like Pali, Sankrit, Tibetan, English and Hindi.
- The Study of Modern subjects such as History, Political Science, Comparative Philosophy, Economics and Modern Buddhism, Cosmic Buddhism Religion, Metaphysics, Mathematics and General Science.
- The Translation of Buddhist scriptures into pali, prakrut, Bramhi, Kharoshthi, Ardhmagdhi and Sanskrit, Hindi, English and other Indian Languages.
- The collection, conservation and publication of Rare Manuscripts.
- The carry out of Research work on Buddhist Philosophy, History, Art and Himalayan Culture.
- The collection and conservation of objects - de - art of Archaeological Significance.
- The study of Tibetan Medical Science (Sowa Rigpa) and Ancient Buddhist Medical Science (Bhaishajya), Tibetan Scroll Paintings (Thankas), Ancient indian and Srilankan Buddhist Temple Paintings, Sculpture and Religious Wood Block Carving.
- To provide for instruction for various courses in Indian Culture and for study and Research in different branches of Buddhist Philosophical and Cultural Studies
- To prepare students for higher learning and research in the fields of Buddhism Studies, Bhoti Language and Literature and Himalayan Studies with pedagogic methods using knowledge of Modern Research Methodology and advanced up-to-date Technology.
- To inculcate awareness of the Cultural ethos, ecological balance and preservation of natural resources with special reference to the Himalayan region and North East region of India, and learn Buddhist Naga Culture of Central and Middle part of India and eastern, south east asian Buddhist Country.
- To teach traditional Arts and crafts and modern technical skill sets for facilitating economic self sufficiency and sustainable Development and Preservation of ethnic identity within the framework of national unity.